Welcome to Around the Corner!

What will you find on my blog? A little bit about everything!!! I have lots of goals and aspirations that I'm trying to accomplish, but in the mean time, taking care of business and family right now!!! You'll find items all the way from my real esate listings to my favorite recipes (maybe, I'm hoping to cook, bake, can more) to just stuff about me and my family. I hope you enjoy!



Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Best Damp Ride Ever

I believe the weatherman was wrong today or he just changed his mind at the last minute.  I was thinking a little fog this morning and then the sun burning it off to reach 75 degrees.  Well, it was a thick fog, for a long time.  Kind of misty too.  Rather damp.  And I saw a high of 63 and completely missed the sun.

But, not going to let that get in our way.  Judy, Marilyn, and I headed to Lake C for a day on the trails.  This was the first time that I've ridden with Marilyn and her white Arab Spunky.  Glad we got Marilyn to join us for the day!!!!  Judy rode her buckskin CeeCee.  Beautiful horses!

The trails at Lake C are great!!!  Really not overly challenging, but so much fun.  You can ride on some wide open trails or head through the trees.



We probably rode 6-7 miles and for 2.5 hours.  We went across one water crossing and one bridge that are always a fun challenge.  Marilyn decided that the water crossing would be easier off her horse.



The best part of her walking her horse across the water was watching her get back on.  Bless her heart.  I have a hard time getting on my horse too.  Cassie is a big 15hh and I'm a short legged 5'4".  I need that step, stump, or anything to give me a few extra inches.

Also have fun going across a bridge towards the end of the trail.  Spunky wasn't too sure about crossing it.  Cassie and CeeCee helped him out.



A great trip with great friends.  Hoping my next ride will be from the farm to our house.  Our barn is just about done!!!  Waiting to get the waterer hooked up.  Cassie is going to love it here!






2 comments: