Welcome to Around the Corner!

What will you find on my blog? A little bit about everything!!! I have lots of goals and aspirations that I'm trying to accomplish, but in the mean time, taking care of business and family right now!!! You'll find items all the way from my real esate listings to my favorite recipes (maybe, I'm hoping to cook, bake, can more) to just stuff about me and my family. I hope you enjoy!



Monday, October 1, 2012

Crockpot Freezer Meals!

I did it!!!  I made 16 freezer meals.  Fourteen of them are freezer crockpot meals in a bag and the other two are lasagna.  It probably took longer to get the grocery list and groceries than it did to put them together.  I cut up my veggies first while Livia wrote on all of the bags for me.  Then just started tossing everything in the bag.  So easy!  But, I haven't tried anything yet.  I'll keep you posted as my family samples them.  I can't wait to walk in some evening to the wonderful smell of crockpot cooking!

I found some great recipes and tips at - http://www.ringaroundtherosies.net/2012/02/freezer-cooking.html.  I have to give that blogger a lot of credit for steering me in the right direction!  It looks like the recipes are healthy and low cost.  Makes me want to plant a better garden next year and actually take care of it. 


 



 I'll get better with pictures and lighting - I promise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment